Scholarships Awarded through Nemaha Valley Schools Education Foundation
On May 14, 2014, the Senior Awards Banquet was held at Nemaha Valley High School. As part of the program, Nemaha Valley Schools Education Foundation members Briana Evans and Darrel Kohlman and community member Jeff Conner, representing Koch & Company, awarded scholarships to ten graduates on behalf of the organization and its scholarship providers. The following nonrenewable scholarships were awarded:
- Koch & Co.—Abby Enneking (human medicine) & Alex Evans (vocational)
- Crestview Nursing & Residential Living (healthcare profession)—Melissa Nordhus
- SKF—Shania Davis, JR Hermesch, Lisa Olberding & Jacey Rottinghaus
- NV Alumni—Melissa Nordhus
- NV Foundation—Abbey Kramer & Emma Reitz
- Barbara Huninghake Memorial—Justice McKernan
In order to receive the scholarships, students must complete an application, which includes information on activities, honors, and educational and career goals. A letter of recommendation from a non-teacher must accompany the application. A scholarship evaluation panel comprised of Foundation members then evaluates the applications.
The Nemaha Valley Schools Education Foundation is organized as a not-for-profit, tax exempt 501c3, charitable endowment fund to be used to generate and support special projects, programs, and scholarships in the Nemaha Valley Schools.