KSHSAA Citizenship/Sportsmanship Program
August 08, 2007
Introduction: The effective American secondary school must support both an academic program and an activities program. The concept of "sportsmanship" must be taught, modeled, expected, and reinforced in the classroom and in all competitive activities.
Philosophy: Activities are an important aspect of the total education process in the American schools. They provide an arena for participants to grow, to excel, to understand, and to value the concepts of SPORTSMANSHIP and teamwork. All actions are to be for, not against; positive, not negative or disrespectful!
1. Be courteous to all.
2. Know the rules, abide by and respect the official's decision.
3. Win with character and lose with dignity.
4. Display appreciation for good performance regardless of the team.
5. Exercise self-control and reflect positively upon yourself, team, and school.
6. Permit only positive sportsmanlike behavior to reflect on your school or it's activities.